Step One: Every morning when you wake up, before you get out of bed, spend a moment identifying at least ten things that you are grateful for in your life.
I have a hard time doing this in the morning; I can’t think properly then.
Step Two: Pick one activity to be fully mindful of (i.e. drinking your coffee, or walking the dog), and pay attention to how you feel inside your body as you do it.
I did this while drinking wine. My body felt pretty good, but I have a pain in my lower back. And I felt quite sad because I was listening to an emotional song and I’m tired.
Step Three: Do one kind thing for someone else today (i.e. hold a door open for the next person, tell someone they look nice, or smile at someone).
I told someone how the tap in the restaurant toilet worked, because she was having a hard time with it. I must admit that it was pretty hard to figure out
Step Four: Before you go to sleep, list ten things that you are grateful for—write them down, if possible.
– Thankful for my iPod. I can totally isolate myself from everything and music cheers me up!
– Grateful for this blog. I can write down everything here, without anyone knowing me.
– Thankful for water bottles – I can carry my water with me everywhere ^^.
– Thankful for my cellphone.
– Grateful for some people at my school. Though they aren’t friends, they are so nice to me and I will miss them when I graduate…even though I sort of hate my school. Lol, love-hate relation ;p. Sometimes I really like my school, but then again, I hate it because everybody is so different and I can’t be myself.
– Thankful for living a pretty easy life. I didn’t have to deal with dying relatives who were very close to me. Well, my grandfather died but I was still very young and a good friend of my mother died from cancer, but I didn’t saw him that often.
– Thankful for being able to go on vacation
– Grateful for Michael Jackson (yes, indeed, I am kind of a fan). Because he made me realize that you shouldn’t believe everything you read in the tabloids or see on tv. The tabloids write so much b*llshit.
– Thankful for barefoot running shoes; I want to buy the Nike Frees 3.0 V3
– Grateful for being able to sleep until 12 o’ clock in the afternoon and to be honest, we don’t have strict rules at home. My mom knows someone and her kids have to get up at 9 o’ clock in the morning EVERY DAY! Even during the vacations, just because the father wants it.
Repeat everyday for the next week, and notice the difference in the quality of your life and your relationships. This was day 2. Five days left to do this.